Please share your work via our electronic manager. We do not read via post. If your work does not fit into the prose or poetry categories at the link, choose one and make a note in your cover letter. We appreciate your attention to guidelines and reading periods. We will respond as quickly as we can. However, due to the volume of contributions we receive, we cannot provide personalized responses to work we do not publish. Thanks for your interest in LIT!
- Please read a recent issue of LIT to get a sense of what we publish. Ordering information is available at our About page.
- All contributions should be uploaded in a single document, beginning with your cover letter (including bio).
- Poetry should be 5 poems or 10 pages max. Prose should be no longer than 25 pages, double-spaced.
- Please wait for a response from LIT before sending more work.
- Our reading periods are January to May and September to mid-December. Please do not send contributions more than twice in either period.
Jeff T. Johnson & Jaclyn Lovell
Associate Prose Editor
Emily Amarel, Liz Axelrod, Emily Cementina, Abby Coleman, Cristina Connett, Andrés Cruciani, Gabriel Don, Payal Doshi, Anna Fridlis, James Hargrave, Christopher Impiglia, Greg Johnson, Julie Levine, Brian P. Morgan, Daniel Parsons, Isaac Pritzker, Faith P. Pilacik, Meredith Russo, Jolyon Regan Seelig, Niki Tulk, Merlin Ural, Andrew James Weatherhead, David Weisberg, Eric Dean Wilson
Writing Program Liason
Lori Lynn Turner
Editors at Large
Jackie Clark, Shanna Compton, Mia Eaton, Peter Bogart Johnson, Benjamin Kendrick, Justin Marks, Ben Mirov, Christian Ochoa, Kathleen Ossip, Nicole Steinberg
David Lehman, Robert Polito & Mark Bibbins
MFA Advisory Board
Gabriella De Ferrari, Jane Friedman, Lynn Goldberg, Nan Graham, Stephen Graham, Chip Kidd, Charles McGrath, Sarah Paley, Max Rudin, Ira Silverberg, Margo Viscusi, Victoria Wilson
Brian McMullen, Design Consultant